Belize offshore jurisdiction is ambitious about becoming one of the front-runners in the sphere of ecommerce. It has elaborated its own legislation enabling and regulating online gambling activities. In 2003 Belize government has made a wide step towards creating an acceptable environment to attract new online casinos and poker rooms operators. Much was improved in the sector of telecommunication infrastructure when the state allowed Innovative Communication Corporation, LLC to acquire a controlling stake in Belize.
Under the Computer, which came into force on May 28, 1996, Belize provides for the proper conduct and regulation of gambling via the Internet. The Act also licenses operators providing users with facilities to wager against each other on sporting events and multiplayer games of chance. The Belize Computer Wagering Licensing Board vets all applications for licenses to provide computer wagering services and, with the prior approval of the Minister of Home Affairs (Minister), can grant exclusive licenses. They are also responsible for the control and regulation of all persons who provide computer wagering services.
Online Gambling Licensing
Online gambling licenses in Belize are issued by Computer Wagering Licensing Board. The authority vets all applications for licenses to provide computer wagering services and, with the prior approval of the Minister of Home Affairs (Minister), can grant exclusive licenses. They are also responsible for the control and regulation of all persons who provide computer wagering services.
Main requirements to obtain an online gambling license in Belize:
- the applicant must be incorporated in Belize;
- the applicant must be able to demonstrate adequate financial means of every owner of the enterprise;
- the applicant must submit copies of balance sheets and profit and loss statements for the period of 3 years, including the most recent;
- the applicant must provide a full set of fingerprints of every shareholder that has more than 10% interest;
- the applicant must submit copies of personal identification card and recent passport-format photos of each person that has any financial interest in the online gambling entity.
Application fee — USD 15,000
Annual renewal fee — USD 15,000
Security cash deposit — USD 500,000